Friday, April 16, 2010

Second Attempt

Well, at this rate, I'll probably average a post a day, right? Maybe. We'll see. I was blessed to get to speak with my friend Phil for the first time via Skype. About an hour later, he interviewed me to post about my blog on his. Well...about thirty minutes ago, he sent me an IM with the link to his blog post, and to say the least, I'm very humbled an honored at what he said. Thank you again for the kind words, Phil.

After what he said, I see I now have quite a bit to live up to! As he said, I am very interested in eschatology, or the study of Biblical end-times prophecy. It is a very fascinating subject, and there are a remarkable number of prophecies that haven't been fulfilled, such as Ezekiel 38-39 and Daniel 9:24-27 just to name a couple. I am sure I will eventually get around to covering the subjects in full soon enough, most likely Ezekiel 38-39, as in the current geopolitical situation, I wouldn't be surprised if it is fulfilled by August. More on my reasoning of that later. At any rate, it is fascinating to see the Bible coming to life, more accurate than ever, and see how much more timely songs such as Gold City's Midnight Cry are becoming.

While it is still current, I had the privilege of seeing the new Gold City lineup for the first time this past Friday. I hadn't seen them since November 2009, and I was looking forward to hearing Joshua Cobb. I had a nice little startle before the concert even started...I was sitting second row far left, just visiting with some friends, when someone came up behind me and started tugging my ear. I turned around with the whole, "What the..." attitude, when I find Bruce Taliaferro standing over me. "Hey, Tim...haven't seen you in a while. Been missin' ya!" What a nice surprise!

They opened up with I Cast My Bread Upon The Water, quickly followed with After Awhile. Tim Riley pretty well tore down the house. Joshua did a magnificent job on Preach The Word, and I would definitely say that Gold City is back on top with this lineup. Naturally, Roy Webb does extremely well, and of course, he has his microphone stand over by the piano. Nothing new under the sun...

The guys performed performed the ever-more popular 1942 song Rainbow Of Love. LOTS of humor there, and after Roy dropped it down from C to Bb, Tim nailed that powerful G1. A young lady in the row in front of me and about five people to the right shot a nice video of the song. Pay close attention to the last ten to fifteen seconds...as Tim slides down to the Bb1, Bruce just loses it!


The concert was a wonderful blessing, and I am quite sure that this lineup of Gold City will be a lasting one. Another exciting part...I noticed two studio condenser mics on each side of the stage...turns out, Gold City is working on a new live album, and some of the audio from Springfield will be on it! Looking forward to it!

Thanks again for reading!

Until next time.

Timothy

1 comment:

  1. Hi Timothy,

    Welcome. I run www.vasoutherngospel.com and am a contributor to Swain's Musings. It is always good to have someone that follows the traditional harmony stuff.

    Jeremy

    ReplyDelete