Monday, May 17, 2010

Late Night Ponderings

I haven't posted in a couple days, so I might as well go ahead and do that now.  I'm quite happy at the moment...my stomach is full of steak and coffee, two of the greatest substances on earth...at least in my opinion.  Eh...I have to renege on that.  Cheesecake.  And banana pudding.  I'd better stop listing things while I'm ahead!

At the moment I'm listening to the soundtrack from O Brother, Where Art Thou?...quite good stuff. I especially enjoy the a capella arrangement of Down To The River To Pray that's included, along with the multiple versions of Man Of Constant Sorrows.

Between that and upgrading my laptop to the newest version of Linux Ubuntu, 10.04 "Lucid Lynx", which came out a few hours ago, my evening is going quite well.  I am working on a first installment of a blog series on Daniel's Seventy Sevens, but alas, forgot my copy of J. Dwight Pentecost's Things To Come at home, which has some research that I feel is essential for pointing out the sheer accuracy of the prophecy.  Yes, I could just hop on Google Books and probably find the excerpt from the book I need, but another "rambling time" seems more appealing than switching from tab to tab in Chrome to write on Daniel 9:24-27.  Besides, it is already 11:00pm, and I'm sure you've already seen how I can stray from topic at this time of night.  So, thus, a fun, random rambling post.

But "ponderings" sounds more professional.  Maybe not professional, but intelligent.  That's the word I'm looking for.  Somehow that reminds me of Booth Brother's concerts...even though I hear the same jokes at the concerts over and over again, they always are entertaining.  Such is the case whenever Michael will bring up a song, but "not remember the name".  Jim or Ronnie will inquire what the song is, or what it is about, and Michael will reply, "That...that song...the song about God."  "Well, that narrows it down!"

See how I strayed from topic there?  The topic didn't even stay consistent through a single paragraph.  I might as well keep on typing...my update won't be done for another hour and forty minutes, but I am quite excited about it.

Anyway, I mentioned the Booth Brothers in that previous paragraph...I have already fallen in love with one of the songs from their upcoming album, Declaration.  The song, I See Grace, features a very powerful lyric with music that somewhat strays from the typical chord patterns.  It is in the key of G, thus will definitely contain G, C, and D, but the song also includes A minor, B minor, E minor, and some suspended form of F.  It boggles my mind, but it is such a beautiful score to back up the lyrics.

Here in these walls, here in these rows, there are those who regret the roads they once chose.  But more than the sorrow, more than the pain, there is joy for the way, and through Christ they've been changed.

There are  lives free from bondage, of since once concealed.  There are bodies and minds, and spirits now healed.  But those who found freedom, and shook off the chains from the long years of guilt, anger, and shame:

I see grace, I see grace!  In every life, on every face.  Of the faithful who gather each week in this place, I see grace.

There are those in this life who've been dealt a poor hand.  They've overcome and by God's strength they stand.  Those who have come through unbearable loss, not defined by the past, but defined by the Cross!

I see grace, I see grace! In every life, on every face.  Of the faithful who gather each week in this place, I see grace.

Story after story, one common theme:  God's power and glory in those He's redeemed.  Such tender mercy, time after time.  In so many ways in this story that's mine,

I see grace!  Grace, I see grace!  In every life, on every face.  Of the faithful who gather each week in this place, I see -- Of the faithful who gather each week in this place, I see grace!  I see grace!




With that I will end this post.  I hope you enjoyed it through all the randomness.

Until next time,

Timothy

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I did enjoy that! Very cool song, and I've just been getting into the Booth Bros. too.

    Keep up the blogging thing, you're doing great so far!

    ReplyDelete